Is there any requirement for participation in the Hi-Lingua
- This language competition is open to students born between 1
January 2004 and 31 December 2015.
What are the requirements for advancing to the Final
Round? How many students will be selected to participate in the Final
- The top 10 students in each age group and language category will qualify for
the Final Round based on the results of the Semi-Final Round
Exams. The total of 30 students in each language category will be eligible to
participate in the Final Round.
Is there a study resource available for the Hi-Lingua Language
- There is no specific resource designated for studying for this language competition. Participants are advised to carefully review and follow the guidelines provided in the following link:https://hi-lingua.org/study_resources/
Will the exams in all 4 languages be held at the same time? Is it possible to
take the exam in more than 1 language?
- A student can compete in more than one language since the Semi-Final Round
Exams will be held on two consecutive days, as follows: 24 February 2024 > German and Spanish Exams Date 25 February 2024 > English and French Exams Date
Can I retake the exam if I miss the exam due to an emergency or
can I get my exam fee refunded?
- Students who are unable to take the exam for any reason will not be offered
an alternative or make-up exam. Those who miss or fail to take the exam will
lose their right to participate. There will be no refund for the missed exam.
Is it required to have a Zoom connection during the exam? Do I
have to turn on the camera?
- Yes, the camera must be turned on and a zoom connection must be established
during the exams. The student ID must be used as the display name on Zoom. The
profile pictures and zoom camera recordings of the students who score highest will
be controlled in particular. Students who do not have a camera or a zoom
connection will be unable to receive this degree and award even if they receive
the highest score in the exam. Zoom connection and exam entry can both be done
on the same device during the Semi-Final Round Exams.
if the internet connection is lost during the exam? Is it possible to reconnect?
Will this result in a cancellation of the exam?
- If your internet connection is lost during the exam, you can reconnect and
continue the exam from where you left off. Your exam will reopen with all of
your answers saved. Your exam will not be cancelled. If you cannot reconnect
within the exam period, your exam will be evaluated according to the questions
you answered. There is no option to retake the exam once it has been completed.